Thursday, August 4, 2011

Eve

In the beginning God made man- a likeness unto his own image. I've wondered what Adam looked like. I doubt God made the first man to be overweight. This is an unnatural progression through one's life so starting off humanity through obesity is very unlikely. I also doubt he made Adam to look like one of those juiced up meatheads I see grunting at my local gym. No, I envision Adam to be lean and strong. When Adam ultimately made the choice to leave Eden, he would become a hunter-gatherer, chasing deer and eating lean. He would have been climbing trees, jumping rocks and building homes as he moved across the land. I believe this is how our bodies are supposed to be; Agile and quick, strong and lean. And who was by Adam's side? Pulled from his very rib? Eve.
I just celebrated my 27th birthday and where as I have always enjoyed being physically active and working out in the gym, I am still a soft mother of 2 trying daily to get to my physical perfection which ultimately leads to daily failure! Ha! I hate myself after the pizza (and even sometimes before) but when has that ever stopped me from downing 3 pieces and a bag of crazy bread to boot! I always feel like such a fatty even though my family and friends would reply "You're not fat!". The truth is I am fat. That is what I am made of. I may not be obese or very large but I am fat.
So what's the solution? In my 27 years of life I have yet to figure that one out. I do know the answer is not through lemon bars and 40 minutes on an elliptical. No, it must be something with a continuous high heart rate and a diet much like our ancestors- something with quick, fluid movements centering on building lean muscle and burning fat. Ultimately it will allow us full range of man’s physical capacities. So here goes my journey into CrossFit...

No comments:

Post a Comment